Canon has announced the release of a new version of the famous “nifty fifty”. The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is one of the first forays into prime lenses taken by photographers and is hugely popular, largely to its great value price tag of around £100.
The lens is lightweight (160g) and great for portraits, especially in low light and offers people to really begin to discover the potential of shallow depth of field and bokeh. The old lens had a great reputation for being sharp and reliable, so this one should do extremely well.
The new version of the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is more robust; now featuring a metal mount, an improved design and a new super spectra lens coating to reduce lens flare and ghosting, and is suitable for full-frame or cropped cameras. The lens also now has a gear type STM motor which is near silent and allows ultra-fast focusing.
The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM is available to pre-order at Warehouse Express, who are advertising it for £129.
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Aperture (Maximum): f/1.8
- Camera Mount Type: Canon EF
- Format Compatibility: 35mm Film, Full-Frame Digital and Sensor Canon (APS-C)
- Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum Focus Distance: 35cm
- Magnification: 0.21x
- Lens construction (elements/groups): 6/5
- Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Autofocus: Yes
- Filter Thread: Front: 49 mm
- Max. Diameter x length (mm): 69.2 x 39.3
- Weight: 159g
Pre-order your copy of the new Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM at Warehouse Express.